Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin templates system allows you to create preexisting designs your users can customize. Create a template category and Templates categories in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin are a very convenient way to organize your templates. You can have parent and child categories making hierarchical arrangement of your templates possible. In addition to Woocommerce Product Designer that, one template can be into more than one category. This gives you a lot of flexibility to show exactly the templates you want, exactly the way you want them in widgets, menus or directly in your WordPress theme. In this article, we will show you how to create templates and categories in Woocommerce Product Designer (WPD) Plugin with products in WordPress.
Step By Step Guide – Create Templates and Categories in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin With Products in WordPress
To create new categories, you need to access the Templates > Categories page first.
- On the left side of the page you will see a tab that allows you to create categories.
- Fill in the category name.
- Fill in Its slug (will be used in the category URLs).
- Click on the Add New Category button.
Create a template Before creating a template, make sure you’ve at least one customizable product. Each template is linked to a customizable product i.e. saying the templates depend on the product.
- Best WordPress Hosting Services Providers With Dedicated Packages
- How to Automatically Publish Post to Facebook From WordPress
- How To Update URLs In WordPress Website After Moving to New Domain
To Create a Template in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin With Products in WordPress:
- Click on WPD > Templates. Then click on the New template button view your customizable products list (simple products and variations of variable products).
- Then Click On New Template in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin(WPD)
- After Clicking On New Template Popup Will Be Opened
- Then Select Your Base Product. (Base Product Means Your Product Price)
- Choose the template’s base product and then click on the Select button to access
the template creation screen. A base product is a customizable product which your template extracts the settings (parts, bounding boxes…) from.
- Then Type Your Product Title and Set Product Featured Image in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin.
- Scroll Down and Design Your Product In Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin Editor.
- The Text tab option allows you to add formats and features to your inserted text.
- The Shapes tab option in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin allows you to insert shapes.
- The IMAGES/CLIPARTS tab option allows you to up load images or use your clipart.
After inserting a shape and selecting the shape inserted, you will automatically be taken into the IMAGES/CLIPARTS tab to add colors fills and features to the selected shape. In other to resize the shape, you will have to select the shape tab option while your inserted shape is selected.
- The Locking option gives the ability to lock the movement, resizing or deletion of any inserted elements in the editor.
- After Design Front And Back in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin then you need to choose template category scroll down and choose product category.
- Once the design is complete, click on the Publish button to save it.
After Creating New Template in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin. Then You Need To show These Category Product in Page With Shortcode.
There are 3 ways to display your templates using short codes in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin:
- To display all existing templates, [wpc-templates]
- To display all templates in a specific category:[wpc-templates cat=”my category name”]
- To display all templates related to one or multiple products: [wpc-templates products=”1, 12, 123″] where 1, 12 and 123 are the IDs of your base products.
Note: When you get the error message “You have to select a customizable product first” when trying to browse the product templates, this means you used the same page as customization page in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin (WPD> Settings) and as product template page. That creates a conflict. You need 2 separates pages. It is recommended you create another page that will be used to display the templates of your product “Product Designer Badge”. In that page you’ll put a shortcode [wpc-templates] to display the templates you need. Make sure you use a different page for your templates and a different page for your custom page.
Product Designer Plugin WordPress – Final Step Go To Product Page
Edit Your Product
Scroll Down and Select Your Page
Select Page And Click Update Button. See Your Product You Need To Go To Page Where is you added Shortcode.
Quick designs tips to design a template
- If your template is in a layered file (PSD, AI …) export every layer as images or vectors (SVG) and then import them in the edition area. All you have to do now is to organize them on the edition area. But keep in mind that the editable elements (text, shapes…) must be added by the tool so your client s can edit them to match their needs.
- Export your design as SVG and then import the single SVG file in WordPress. That way the colors can be editable) but they can’t move the pieces. Then you add the text elements using the tool so your clients can edit them to match their needs.
We hope this article helped you to Create Templates and Categories in Woocommerce Product Designer Plugin With Products in WordPress.